Welcome to the official HSL23 Queensland Cup Qualifiers for the XP Esports Arena 2023 at the EKKA!
We are looking for up to 24 South-East Queensland based high school teams to go head-to-head in our official online qualifiers. Teams will be battling it out to reach the top eight spots who will then be invited to play live on the main stage in front of a live crowd at the XP Esports Arena in the EKKA 2023.
- Registration for the annual event is free!
- Schools may sign-up a maximum of 2x teams.
- Registration closes 13th June at 6:00PM-AEST.
- You do not need to be a school who is/has competed in our HSL23 Rocket League this year. If you’ve seen what we do but have missed out in competing before, feel free to signup to this special event!
- Teams of any skill/experience welcome.
- Teams will be provided with JotForm links after registration to fill out their team information & individual student forms as well.
- If you’re further away than SE-QLD and your team made one of the 8x spots & you could organise your school team to get to Brisbane for the EKKA Show feel free to sign-up!
- Online Qualifier Day 1: Thursday 15th June | 4:20pm – 6:20pm
- Online Qualifier Day 2: Thursday 22nd June | 4:20pm – 6:20pm
- Live XP Esports Arena Finals: Saturday 12th August | 10:00AM – 5:00PM AEST
ONLINE QUALIFIER FORMAT
- 24 Team Swiss Format – All teams are in one large group.
- Matches will be either Best Of 3 or 5 (Dependant on the number of sign-ups we receive)
- All schools will be sent official qualifying rules, match schedule and regulations prior to the qualifier days.
- Teams will compete in a two-day online qualifier, battling their way to reach the top 8 teams to be selected for the live finals at the EKKA.
- Top 8 teams will compete live at the EKKA to determine the Champions & Runners-Up. (Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals & Grand Final)
- Hosted via our HSL QLD Cup Discord Server – Invite links will be sent post-registration with the JotForms.
LIVE FINALS FORMAT (XP ESPORTS ARENA 2023 at the EKKA)
All of the qualified 8x teams will be provided EKKA Competitor Entry Passes for their School Team (Core 3x Players, 2x Staff and optionally 2x Additional for Subs or extra Staff.)
- Every Match will be a Best of 7 Games (BO7).
- Single Elimination Bracket (Quarter-Finals to Semi-Finals & then the Grand Final)
- Rocket League (Performed on PC only, controllers can be brought by players if they use them to play, please ensure they work without issues.)
- Please arrive at least 30-minutes to 1-Hour before your scheduled Quarter-Final match time.
- Teams may consist of 3x Core Players, up to 2x Sub Players & up to 2x Staff each for a total of 7x Entry Passes to the EKKA (combination of who the 4th-7th passes is up to you).
- Presentation and Photos performed at the end of the Grand-Final.
All prizing will be awarded live at EKKA either on-stage or at our presenter area.
- Champions School Trophy
- Runners-Up School Trophy
- Medallions for each Student Participant on the Champion & Runner-Up teams
- Additional prizes to be announced reaching closer to the EKKA!
- The Qualifiers will not have a live broadcast.
- The live finals will be broadcasted live on our twitch channel – twitch.tv/xpesportstv
- Discord will be used for the hosting and running of the online qualifiers for teams to communicate with each other ensuring they’re ready for matches and voice communication for players to use.
- At the Live Finals at EKKA – Students may have photos taken of them and be shown during the live-stream on team-cameras, if there are any media issues for any of your students please let us know prior so we can do our best to ensure these issues are addressed & resolved on the day of the event as best as possible.
- There is no provided parking for the EKKA, there are designated drop-off & pick-up zones at the entry gates specifically the closest one to where we’re located in the showgrounds.
- It’s advised for students to bring their own lunch otherwise pocket-money to buy any inside the showgrounds.
- The eight top teams will receive all of the PDF forms for the event for the EKKA (EKKA guidelines, media form, excursion planner & more)