Weekend Esports Ft Fortnite
The wait is over … esports is live in Brisbane!
If you love your esports & have been looking for a place to have fun and compete on your weekends with and against like-minded players, the new XP Weekend esports competition at The Gamers Ground Esports centre is here!
Compete in Social and Open structured “team v team” leagues each weekend, in an exciting brand-new format.
- TGG – The Gamers Ground
- The University of Queensland, Level 4 Union Building (Bld 21, St Lucia QLD 4072)
Season 2 Dates
- Round 1 – 12th June 2021
- Round 2 – 19th June 2021
- Round 3 – 26th June 2021
- Round 4 – 3rd July 2021
- Round 5 – 10th July
- Finals – 17th July 2021
Dates could change to be a shorter or longer season depedning on number of teams that register for the season.
Standard Division: 10:30am – 12:30pm
- All teams will compete in the one division together.
- If we receive enough teams we will look at creating a 2nd division.
- Fixtures for the 1st match day will be announced on the 10th June April 2020 by 5pm AEST.
- A One Day Membership ($6) must be purchased in order to have access to the centre. This must be purchased each week before commencing your matches. This pass will give you unlimited gaming access to the centre between the hours of 9am – 4pm once both division’s sessions have completed.
- If you are a registered Weekly Unlimited Member ($8.95 pw), leagues and events are free.
- 2x Winners Trophies
- 2x Unlimited Month Passes TGG
- 2x Mouse Mats
- 2x Runners Up Trophies
- 2x Unlimited Month Passes TGG
- 2x ZQ Socks
- All players must be of age or above to compete in our event.
- This is supported from Epic Game’s Event Guideline for local age requirement in Australia.
TOURNAMENT DAY INFORMATION
(Detailed Tournament Day Info will be out 10th June)
All players must sign in at our COVID-19 checkpoint at the venue prior to entering due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- All players must present their receipt upon entry, be signed in and assigned a station.
- Player Fortnite accounts will be required to be 20 or above to compete. A handicap system will be applied to your duo if either of the players are found to be using accounts under level 20.
- No smurfing accounts allowed.
- Equipment Provided (BYO allowed)
- Venue’s PCs will be used | KB, M & HS Provided At Each Station
- BYO Keyboard, Mouse, Headset and Controllers allowed. (Please bring a 1-2m cable for your controller if you’re bringing it.). Please fill your own peripheral details in during registration.
- Extremely Limited Spots
- Please arrive 15-30 mins before your session start time, to ensure sufficient time to get you checked in, signed in, setup and ready to go without any issues.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL PLAYERS KNOW THEIR EPIC-FORTNITE EMAIL & PASSWORD TO LOGIN.
- We want to make sure before players arrive to the event on the day that they all know their Epic/Fortnite Email & Password to login. We have had past incidents where players who enter the wrong Email & Password too many times will lock out the whole UQU Network preventing other players from signing in. The only work around is if you ALREADY have linked your Epic Account through Facebook, Google Account, PSN, Xbox Live or a Nintendo Account. If we catch you entering your details incorrectly too many times, we will sign you in with our XP Esports Guest Fortnite accounts which means you will not be able to play using your own account.
- Once your session has been completed, all BYO equipment must be removed for the next session.
SCORING & GAMEDAY RULES
- Teams will verse each other in fixture play.
- Fixtures are created before the start of each season.
- The team with the highest score at the end of 5 rounds wins.
- All teams will be given a score card; they must ask if they have not received one before commencing.
- Each room will have one or more referees to score each team’s rounds before continuing.
- Teams cannot proceed/play their next round until their previous round has been seen by a referee. Otherwise, players must prove their previous round score from Fortnite’s Match Reply History. Make sure your match replays are turned on in the settings.
Teams will play 5 rounds of Duo’s Public.
The team with the highest score will beat their opposition.
Players accumulate points (17 max bonus points)
- Victory Royale = 7 Points
- Top 3 = 4 Points
- Top 6 = 2 Points
- Top 10 = 1 Point
- Top 15 = 1 Point
- Top 21 = 1 Point
- Top 28 = 1 Point
- Eliminations = 1 Point per elimination.
- Rounds will be played in Duo’s Public.
All teams will be given a score card; they must ask if they have not received one before commencing.
- Both teams must sign off upon completion of the match. This is to make sure there are no future disputes over final scores.
- All scores will be updated and shown via social media
- Season standings will be updated and show on social media within 48 hours of the completion of the round.
- Top 4 teams from the season will play in FINALS.
- Finals Day presentation will happen at the conclusion of Finals Day.
- All photos and results will be posted to social media